1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got them Monday:)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by farmgirl1995, Feb 23, 2011.

1. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    Monday we stopped in a feed store and they had chicks! Of course I had to have them even though it was only a week till I got 25 from the feedstore (now 4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] ) Sooo I got 5. They were supposed to be all light brahmas but only 4 have feathered legs. All girls though:) I'm sooo happy.
    Look how cute!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Don't you need to go back and get about 5 more of these cuties. Ya know, to keep you until the 25 get here. [​IMG]

3. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

SO FLUFFY!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    He he,sorry had to say that. I'm jealous. My mom won't let me get any polish chicks. [​IMG]
    Maybe it's because we already have 70 chickens and we're hatching 25? [​IMG]

Well,anyways,I just love them!! [​IMG]
    The thing I want to say though is..watch out if they say their all hens. Everytime I've gotten "hens" about half turned out to be roosters. Lol. Call this a hen? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    Yay chicks! I'm so glad that the stores here don't have chicks for sale. I'd be over run.

Although I did check out the free paper ads for chcikens and ducks for sale.

5. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Wonderful photos! Congratulations on your new chicks.

6. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Thank you:)

7. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Hes a cutie pie, hahaha. Goodness I hope they're hens. I just got rid of all my roosters

8. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hes a cutie pie, hahaha. Goodness I hope they're hens. I just got rid of all my roosters

I have to get rid of most of them too. [​IMG] I still feel lucky I found Pip. If they're males they make them into nuggets. [​IMG]

9. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010

I have to get rid of most of them too. [​IMG] I still feel lucky I found Pip. If they're males they make them into nuggets. [​IMG]

Awhhhh no! I would take ALL the roosters if it would stop them from being killed

10. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Your feed store just randomly gets chicks? At mine we have to order them and they only ship two times in the spring and then you have to wait for it to come around again or order from a hatchery (I haven't ever ordered from a hatchery)! That's really cool! I wish that they would do that around here! (I would have WAAAYY too many chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by