1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got them!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sonjab314, Feb 24, 2011.

1. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I've been wanting to get some salmon faverolles for quite some time. I finally broke down the other day and bought a trio of day olds. They are so cute. I got the bantams too. I put them in the brooder with my 2 week old silkie chicks and 2 of the silkies corralled the new chicks into the feed trough and then to the water fount lol. I guess sillkies do make good mommies even at an early age lol. But anyway, I am excited about this breed. I have read and heard many good things about them. The roosters are to die for gorgeous. Maybe after I tire of my gold laced polish (yeah right [​IMG] ) I may get a large flock of the SF large fowl. The hens are gorgeous too. I'd like to see lots of them in my flock [​IMG]

2. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Oooh very exciting, but where are the pics [​IMG]
    Good luck with your babies, I am just waiting for my silkie to hatch 4 eggs that are not hers, in fact i don't know what they are so thats quite exciting too, we only have 7 days to go!!

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    The batteries are dead in my camera. Maybe I need to fix that problem lol

4. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    Congrats, can't wait to see pictures.
    I've got 12 in the incy due to hatch next weekend [​IMG]

5. Jennings Gamefowl