I got TJs fertile eggs! are they good to hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by asteria01, Mar 2, 2015.

1. asteria01

asteria01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2015
    CA
    Hi all, I was in Trader Joes today picking up eggs..... and after reading about finding fertile eggs in supermarkets I decided to see if i could find them in my store. low and behold, i now have a dozen fertile eggs! They are sitting in the room for 24 hrs to set at room temp. hopefully, they arent too late to be hatched, as the lady at the store said they should have been last nights shipment.. it has stamped 058MAR28... and below it theres another code E3P1128.. so technically still good right? I candled them and the air sacs seem intact and good, and no cracks either. This would be my first batch ever, and i guess a test run. super excited!

2. It sure won't hurt to try. You can research TJ's fertile eggs hatch on this site and see many results. Best of wishes to ya.

3. asteria01

Jan 2, 2015
    CA
    thanks! ill be sure the read up some posts :)
    quick question: what is the loose wire inside the little giant still air incubator for? is it supposed to just hang? its double corded, with a red wire and black wire that is taped together at the end.

4. I wish I knew. Sorry, but I dont.

Just a guess but is it a wire that has been added to connect a fan? Trying to help out but I do not know.

5. asteria01

Jan 2, 2015
    CA
    im not sure either. The end was taped off so i dont know how that would even connect to something.. but thanks anyways! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by