I got what I wanted!!! (Black Friday)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjeanean, Nov 28, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Well, this was my first black friday, and I gotta say it wasn't as bad as I thought. I had about as much room as you'd have at a concert (NONE), but the ppl around me were nice. The best part was that since I got a camera I had to pay for it at the counter, so I didn't have to wait in the long lines!!! The part that sucks is that I bought the same camera online just in case I didn't make it to the store, planning to cancel the order if I got the in store sale. Now I can't cancel it, and it looks like I might have to wait 2 weeks before I get it and can take it back!!! I sure hope not, I'm hoping my loophole will be the fact that I messed up one letter of my last name when I placed the order, so hopefully they can cancel it. It's 7am, I've been up since 11am, I'm so tired!!!

Thanks to everyone who gave me black friday advice!!! I've been victorious!!!

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LOL i went to Black Friday this morning.. i left around 330am we were about the 10th people in line witch was great we stop at about 4 stores i got a laptop and a few other things everything was REALLY cheap!! so i am happy [​IMG] and yes it was very crazy.. if you didn't have a plan made out before going in you would get lost and trampled LOL

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I have NEVER gone shopping on black Friday as I am usually way up north (no stores for 60 miles) with my Mom. But this year, I went up and picked my mom up and brought her down to my place. Now she wants to go shopping! UGH I am pretending to be very busy on the computer [​IMG] and stalling as much as possible! [​IMG]

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    You people are nuts. I say that with a smile and mean no disrespect.
    I can't tolerate the crowds. I'd go nuts.

I'm a typical male who waits until the last minute to shop. It's store,
    then bar, then store, then bar. It get's done.

This year my big presents are already on the way since I ordered them
    online.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] I wanted to go soo bad.. I might just go out and get some kitchen stuff it is really on sale..

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I love black friday it's like a race the thrill [​IMG]

but good thinking PC i also shop online as well and i am waiting on gifts to come..and at the last minute i will go around looking at all the bin leftovers

i don't expect gifts on christmas i am more of a giver than a receiver [​IMG]

just the spirit of christmas makes me happy [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Amen Brother, Amen. [​IMG]

8. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Ok so I just went to walmart and got my 3 kids that would wear them pajamas... the other two kids not so much so I didnt get them pj's and then I got the 2 kids that didnt have jackets those..

I spent a wopping 32$ for black friday this year...

but i did get to go..

[​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I avoid stores on this day like the plague. I would have a panic attack with all those people, and some of them not so nice.... I have very limited funds to spend this year and I need to shop carefully, like go and look and come home and decide. ICK! I hate being broke!

10. smom1976

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:me too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by