1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I Got...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Oct 3, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    MY FIRST EGG!!! [​IMG]
    my Mille Fleur d'Uccle hen desided to lay me an egg today sometime!! I dont know if its fertile since the rooster tends to pay more attention to the sex-link girls but I put it in the incubator anyways!! The egg is the same size at my biggest Serama egg (which isnt big anyways)

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The first egg from a pullet likely won't hatch or won't hatch out a completely healthy chick, but, congrats!! [​IMG]

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I guess we'll see.

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Yay! Congrats![​IMG]

But, it may not be a good idea to hatch a single chick. They get very lonely.

5. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I have about 15 eggs in the incubator right now, they were all set within a couple days of eachother so hatch day if pretty close... the only one who will be a lone chick is my one Serama baby because I lost all 15 other eggs that came with it an lockdown is tomorrow [​IMG]

6. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Well my very first d'Uccle egg has developed and the baby is looking really good. I also got my first Jersey Giant egg that has also started developing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by