I gotta cheer for myself!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
Things have been hard lately, as some of you know... and I am trying to keep from getting down.

When I get too down, I get chocolate junky obsessions to get me through... and I actually broke and had some the other day.

I've been on a diet or healthy change eating schedule, whatever you want to call it, since September. I seemed to have stalled out before Thanksgiving, and I figured with the holiday I would fail and felt even more down about things then.

wee.gif

Well today I weighed in anyways, and managed to keep going really well! I have lost 19lbs since Sept. with my goal being 40 lbs by Feb. 17th! So I am a happy 161 today.

So I want to shout & cheer for all I have managed when it seemed the world has been against me!!!

***Thank you for your time, you may return to your regularly scheduled Chicken habit!***

If you can manage that this time of year, you will do OK. I find that this is the hardest time, not just because of the holidays but because I don't have fresh tomatoes, radishes, greens, fruit or whatever to snack on so I eat more things I should not. I don't spend as much time outside working it off either. But if you have the will power to lose 19 pounds this time of year, you can reach your goal. You know we are pulling for you.

Quote:
See, you're like me! I want my fresh veggies & fruits to snack on, and when they are gone... what do you do? You go the wrong way!

This summer I flipped out or something because I put on nearly 6lb in August alone! September I hit 180 and I totally flipped my lid. I usually eat so healthy, and my garden is usually the reason I lose weight then, not gain it?

But I have a ton of carrots, and cabbage to snack on still... and a few apples left. I am counting my calories when I don't forget... and I quit soda!

I am going to say, I quit smoking in May 2009, and I gained 15lbs since then. I blame it a lot on that. I haven't weighed less then 160 since I got pregnant over 4 years ago, and now I feel REALLY motivated to keep going after I saw this, this morning.

With all that is weighing on me right now... at least its not my weight!
lol.png
(dumb pun, I know!)

Thank you all for letting me toot my horn!

Back
Top Bottom