I gotta Golden Coturnix YAY! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Aug 21, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Out of the batch of 24 eggs I had, 17 hatched, the others died full term not sure why (one of the full term deaths was a second golden *cries*).

I am soo excited i got a golden though I named it Hawn (after Goldie Hawn) ha ha....

Hawn just so happens to be the biggest jumbo chick! Also the sweetest, that thing trusts me so much, the other ones are taking mostly after the 5 day old coturnix and are curious to see me but dont want me touching them Hawn could care less so ofcourse I'm inlove. [​IMG]

So Sam...thanks! That's still a great hatch I had there over half so id' say that's great! Esp happy about my new golden! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hawn next to a 5 day old normal sized coturnix:
    [​IMG]

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Congrats on the hatch and the golden chick.. i got one myself there just to cute [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I knoow im in love i want more! LOL!

4. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

What a beauty!

I need a lesson in the cortunix family. Your golden is a jumbo?? and the other cutie is called what? regular? [​IMG]

Once I get the hang of incubating I would love to try some but need more breed info!

Becky

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Ahhh Goldie [​IMG]

Canyou believe how tiny these things are? Pictures make them look bigger.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    way cool. so pretty!

7. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Very cool! Congrats!
    I just hatched 8 and ended up with the last little runt being blonde (white)..I had to help her out of the shell because she gave up, and it took her two full days to finally get her legs working right so she could run around like the others. 6 days old now and all are great and healthy. Blondie is a keeper though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by