I guess 5 extra days won't make a difference.

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
My order for 25 Cornish x and 6 turkeys was going to come in today or tomorrow. Since I hadn't heard from them, just to verify, I called a few minutes ago -- now not coming until next Tuesday.

Bummers. I was all ready for the McNuggets.

Quote:
Well, I figured I might as well make this relationship clear from the get-go.
lol.png

They'll probably even go in plastic bin brooders for a couple of days out in my garage on top of or next to a certain chest freezer that will figure prominently in their futures.
tongue.png

Last edited:
When it comes to July/August heat, an extra week of dog days of summer does make a difference in production and/or health. I would postpone my venture by a few more weeks.

I have the Freedom Ranger version chickens coming on the 16th. I wish mine were sooner as well. The anticipated date would've been the 3rd, I believe.... but the best laid plans... you know how that goes.

Good luck to you and your birds. I have a feeling I'm going to need the same after this crazy week of hot weather we're having.

just think in 8 weeks they will being going to freezer camp. we have about 2 or 3 weeks for ours. we have one customer from last year and one new one from this year who are in for such a treat. good luck with yours.

Quote:
That's not an option, they're already ordered from the feed store, so I'm committed.

Overall, I'm not too worried about the weather/heat. As a rule, summers here are more likely to be cool than hot. Our normal is only 10 days above 90, and our peak average daily high is 82 in July. We as a rule don't have the blazing hot summers that are common further south.

And, the NWS forecast for the summer here is below normal temps with normal precip. Doesn't mean it will happen, but they tend to be reasonably accurate with those.

Back
Top Bottom