i guess i am the only one who does not care for tattoos

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by backdoorchicken, Feb 28, 2012.

1. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    they just seem dumb to me. i can't think of one thing i feel strongly enough about to have on my body forever. i just don't get it. and these kids getting them all over their body. i feel for them.

2. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    Your not alone.

3. GableBabble

GableBabble Ninja Chicken Herder

May 27, 2010
    To each their own. It is an acquired taste I guess. :p I have a couple myself. Each one stands for something in my life. I get a bit upset at these people who treat them like potato chips and go over board. The piercing really gets to me. Talking to someone with a tongue blob (whatever they are called) can be hard when they first get it. I also do not get "gaugeing" *shivers* , what are these kids thinking! lawl Bless their hearts.

4. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG] I have to agree with you.

5. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Like anything people can go too far.

There is a picture of a woman with roses on her back here on a BYC thread and I thought they were really cool.

The all green "sleeves" are too much IMO.

6. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    my exgf had them and took is personally when i said i would never have one.

now it's the hipsters getting them and piercings. trend will be over in 5...4....3...2.... but........they will last forever.

2 words....tramp stamp

i wonder what those people that jumped on that bandwagon about 15 years ago are thinking now.

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I don't care for them either. I agree with you 100%, backdoorchicken. But I suppose, as GableBabble said, "to each his own." [​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

Their probably still tramps,...just more saggy...

9. GableBabble

GableBabble Ninja Chicken Herder

May 27, 2010
    I just spit my coffee......lol

The ones I have can only be seen if I wanted them to be seen. I do have one on my lower leg. I am respectful though and mostly only wear shorts at home. It is a cross and has a small scripture reading below it. But some people still look down upon others for having them, and I like for someone to get to know me first before my tattoo. The other one I have only me and the hubbie see's. 3 hearts close to my heart. One for each child.

10. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I don't care for them either. I don't condem those of you that have/like them, but it does say something about you that you can't control. Regardless of the subject matter, others will form their own opinions (some good, some bad) with the simple fact that you have a tattoo. I know lots of people that have them and know that the sterotypical attitude does not always apply to the bearer of the tat. Still, it is the message that is out there before the viewer has a chance to "get to know" you. Just thoughts, same applies to mohawked or brightly colored hair, piercings, goth dress, etc. I would rather be known for my personality and character than for what attracts/distracts others about my outside. I am very much not affected by styles, trends, etc. I rarely wear make-up and that will also cause people to form opinions. Hopefully, they will be close to the truth!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by