I guess I have chickens now help me lol they chose me hahaha

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mattsiewrt94, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I found these chickens idk where they came from but there just moved right in I guess from the woods I've been seeing them for about a week now there all really nice and seem to be well tamed they will run up to me idk I ain't never kept no chickens but I kinda want to now that I see there so sweet even tho they just came right into my place but any pointers or anything

2. maxpedley

maxpedley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    weird. Do u think anyone owns them or have they escaped and are living a wild life. looks like you could keep them in that barn if you wanted. they clearly like those perches

3. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Feed them layer pellets or crumble, free choice. Make sure they have a source of water available. And look for eggs in the strangest places! They'll find all kinds of secret places to lay. Gather the eggs every day if you can, so you have a handle on how old they are and don't accidentally eat a nasty one.

Chickens are REALLY easy. :)

4. maxpedley

Dec 31, 2013
    Very true. Easy until you have too many like we all do [​IMG]

5. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Yeah I need to get more pellets they been eating all my dog food even when I didn't have them I seen them eating all our dog food, that won't kill them right?

6. maxpedley

Dec 31, 2013
    be careful with it as it can expand in their crops if it is dog kibble. that could kill them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by