1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I guess I'm getting turkeys- update - PHOTO

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by peachick, Dec 16, 2009.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Man in my town just came knocking on my door.... He was told I have birds. Oh boy.

He offered me his easten wild turkey flock and his ringneck flock... he has around 10 of each. 3-4 males to 6-7 hens... Im not sure of total breakdown.

Anyway. a couple of the turkey males are 4-5 years old.... most of the hens are this years hatch.... dont know the ages on pheasants. I am guessing these must be some pretty impressive male turkeys! I will probably keep a trio if they get along with my peacocks. if anyone wants the rest... please let me know. [​IMG] I'll send pics after I get them.

I will take the mans ringnecks too, but dont intend on keeping any... he's just in a hurry to rehome them. So if somone wants them.... let me know.

After I get them I'll post in the BST section... this is just a early heads up [​IMG]

[email protected]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    I would love some of them but I think it would be a long drive [​IMG]

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

"everybody loves a turkey"

Steve in NC

4. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    yes long drive indeeed.... but c'mon anyway!!
    dont let the 30 inches of snow we are getting today slow ya down.... come get yaself a christmas present... I'll tie a bow 'round their necks for ya. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

ok seriously.
    I still need to pick up about another 10ish ringnecks. but I have the turkeys here. and OMG these toms are huge!! it is 3 toms and 4 hens.... the hens are as friendsly as puppies. If turkeys werent so ugly I'd keep them (sorry turkey lovers). They all need to go.
    somone come n get em. $400 for all and I can throw in a couple pretty chickens for free.

5. safarichick101

safarichick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    College Station TX
    If only Texas weren't the farthest thing from you. [​IMG]

6. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    [​IMG]

this is a bit late but I fianlly got photos...... it is 3 toms and 4 hens. The tom in this photo is in constant display! very tame and they hens are obnixiously tame....
    Who wants them?? They are available if you can pick them up.

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:My runs no longer bring me past your place, but do you think they would all fit in the dog crate in my sleeper like the 6 chicks did?

8. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    ummm these guys are HUGE!! I shoved them in 3 large dog crates to get them here... and had to make a second trip to get his ringnecks (12-13 ringnecks are also available)

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    WOW wish I had a farm those are beautiful

10. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Henry. These would be perfect for you. Turkey toms are not loud like a rooster [​IMG]
    Your neighbors wont mind them :))))))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by