I guess I'm not the only one...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by abejita, Sep 12, 2011.

1. abejita

abejita Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    In my neighborhood near downtown Dallas with chickens...Got this email from out neighborhood watch.

LOST: Pet Chicken
    54XX Miller

Lost chicken from 54XX block of Miller, Monday evening around 8pm.

Small black chicken (responds to Irene) who is injured seems to have wandered through a hole in our gate. She's relatively friendly, but can be nervous.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, thats the first time I've seen anything like that! We're not alone, there are other chicky lovers out there! [​IMG]

3. abejita

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I know, right! I have to check this morning to see if she found her chicken. It does make me chuckle to think of her walking down the street calling for Irene, LOL.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Ditto - what a cute story!

5. abejita

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    They found Irene!! She was squawking in their front yard at 1am!!

6. geekgurl

geekgurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    There was a post on a Dallas poultry Meetup group months back from a person that found a chicken walking down Greenville Avenue in Dallas. That street is very busy with lots of restaurants nestled in an old residential neighborhood. There are chicken lovers everywhere. I just found out that a neighbor that just sold his house used to have chickens when they hauled off his coops.

7. hensandchickscolorado

hensandchickscolorado Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Englewood Colorado
    I was just walking the dog through my neighborhood, and lo and behold, a small red chicken coop with 4 hens underneath! I realized the owner must not read BYC, however, because the run was made of chicken wire, the coop was in the corner of the yard with only a chain link fence separating it from the street and alley (we have tons of foxes) and the run was waaayyy too small for 4 birds. Now whenever I drive or walk by I do a quick head count to see if they are all still there.

Do I appoint myself the Neighborhood Chicken Watch Patrol Captain and issue them a citation!?!!!

8. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Quote:YAY!!!!! [​IMG] Glad they found her in their own front yard. [​IMG]

9. abejita

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Quote:Wasn't my chicken!!! LOL!!! I live a block and a half off of lower Greenville.

I was driving through the allies by my house helping my neighbor look for her dog and I saw three or four coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by