I guess it's time the kittens moved out of the gecko room.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by itsy, Dec 17, 2011.

1. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I don't know which photo is cuter, but if I could find that font you use on photos like these, this would say "Is Iz in trouble again?" Or something of that nature! Feel free to add your on caption! This is the little deaf boy. Still no name! We're thinking of Einstein. His sister is also all white, but is turning more fluffy. The lil boy actually has defined white "stripes" on his sides where some fur is smooth and white and some fur is fluffy and white, giving the appearance of stripes. Very cool.

I guess it's time the kittens are banned from the gecko room. The last thing I want is a gecko to turn into a late night snack....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isn't it cute that he turns his head like that. He's always doing it. Maybe because he can't hear what I'm saying? lol. I dunno.

2. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    How does your kitty do that??? That is to cute! Mine never turns her head. She just shreds the paper towels and then acts like nothing happened [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, I just wanna tell ya that these photos are sure-fire cures for any grumbly thing which assails ya.
    [​IMG]

4. itsy

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I'm glad he could bring a smile! The resolution is a little fuzzy. I should have reduced the size of the image before letting the BYC uploader do it, but you get the gist.

He's so cute, I really want to eat him. [​IMG]

5. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Since he's white and deaf, I'm assuming he has blue eyes? For some genetic reason that happens. If he had a blue eye and a green eye, he'd be deaf on the side of the blue eye. Cute cat.

6. itsy

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    He does have blue eyes! His pure white sister has golden eyes and she's hearing.

This is a great link that talks about the statistics of deaf white cats and eye color. What you're saying is very common, but not the rule.

This is when we first got them. I think we've had them a month now?

[​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

My first cat was a white, blue eyed, deaf, half blind. Wonderful cat, I still miss her.

Imp

btw- yours are beautiful

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've had TWO deaf dalmation dogs. Both with blue eyes. Not from the same litter or dam and sire. Probably not the same sire, even.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  9. pinkfoxfarm

pinkfoxfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    In LaLaLand
    unfortunatly hearing problems are VERY common in Dalmations (especially whe breeding soared after 101 dalmations came out *ugh*)

that kitten is adorable! id love a solid white kitty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by