I guess they think I'm old?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frosty, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Yesterday was my birthday... I am 47. For about the past week or so, I have been getting emails telling me that 'a Scooter would improve my mobility'. Ummm... really. I just want to write to them and ask how many 50 pound bags of feed I could carry on one of those things. And does it have a big basket to load up with poop to take to the compost? Does it have enough maneuverability to catch a loose chicken? How does it handle deep snow? Will it work in the garden? Other than that, I have no idea of what I would do with the thing... [​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

well you chickens might roost on it if ya leave it in the area,i know my 4-wheeler is coved with chickens if i park it around them, sometimes i even find they will lay an egg in the cargo rack for me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am also 47 and have been getting the SAME ads! All of a sudden I am getting junk for hip replacements????

I walk several miles a day...... Though you're right the scooter could be handy hauling feed, I don't think it could handle my hills!

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Happy Birthday!

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    LOL WHO sends THOSE??? LOL stalkers... thats what my grandma thinks [​IMG]

6. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Thank you, zazouse! I don't have a 4-wheeler unless my pick up counts. I cringe to think of what my kids would have done with one of those!

So now I get to look forward to hip replacement ads?!? Oh, yay! I don't walk several miles, but it takes me 3 or 4 hours a day to take care of the critters (hauling hay and water, feeding, shoveling poop and carrying it to the compost), longer if I am shoveling snow too. In the summer I chase a push mower and work in the garden so I do get plenty of exercise. I think I get around ok... I am retired military and do have a nice long list of what all is wrong with my back. They wanted to fuse a few discs, but I figured I would just break it loose again so I refused. Funny thing, now that I am home and doing more heavy work, my back doesn't bother me much any more. So maybe I should advertise a shovel to improve mobility?

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Don't feel bad I got these ad's when I turned 42. I was like:tongue I am 45 now. We are not old. Old just gets older. Had a 70 some yr young woman tell me this one time. Happy Birthday.

8. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    after i turned 50 i started getting stuff from AARP, that kinda made me feel old. [​IMG]

But i live on a farm so i do not have time to feel old,i am starting to have bone and joint problems(thanks Mom) but i can work at my own pace and get threw it just fine.

9. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:I have 2 4-wheelers and i use them for making rounds on our 100 acres, there have been a few time i get off and walk and leave the wheeler and then can't find it or walk all the way back to the house before i remember i left it out in the woods somewhere [​IMG]
    I also pull fire wood logs out of the woods as well as pulling down half fallen trees that wheeler gets a work out no kid could put it threw.
    Heck my tractors don't get worked as hard as the wheelers do:D

The other one allways has a wagon hooked to it, i use it to hall leaves from the woods to my roost and nesting areas and to hall garden tools around.

10. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] what? you haven't started getting offers for funeral expense coverage???
    they were the real kickers when I turned 53

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by