I guess this means I'm ready to graduate...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is my last semester as an undergrad. I was supposed to graduate last semester but had a few more classes to take. I decided just to do the extra semester instead of cramming all the classes into one semester.

I moved into campus a week ago and all week I have been looking at college kids doing college "activities" and shaking my head. I'm really sick of the college party atmosphere. I feel like these kids don't even come to college for an education. All they do is party, and they base their academic schedules off of their drinking schudules. I don't understand how people pay $22,000 a year to attend a college and all they do is party. I'm thinking they will be in for a HUGE wakeup call come the time to pay off loans!

Last night I went out with a few friends to a local place. It was packed with college kids and I did not have a good time at all. I'm now older than most of the other students and it's really amazing how young all these other people are starting to look to me. I've never been a drinker (other than something occasional) and I don't flirt like some of these other girls, but I felt like 95% of the people out last night were just looking to "hook up". All three of my room mates brought back guys. They are all very nice people, but I'm still in shock about how casual they are about it.

I will miss my friends here, but I will not miss how irresponsible many college age kids tend to be. While I'd rather NOT be looking for a job or applying to grad/vet schools, I will certainly enjoy being away from the abundance of immaturity!

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

If you think they look young now, just wait until you're fifty, like me! Our youngest is a college freshman, this year. Her attitude is a lot like yours - she's there to get an education. [​IMG] Or that's what she tells us. [​IMG]

Good luck with the grad school/vet school/job applications!!

[​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    CD best wishes for a quick and successful semester so that you can get on to the next step in your life.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Lauren, I find it amazing that I have been your "friend" from the time you started college. What a wonderful young lady you have become. I wish you all the successes in life that you have strived for for such a long time now!!!! I am proud to call you my friend!!!

6. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Sourland! I'm sure this semester will still be fun, but I'm actually a bit relieved that I feel ready to graduate. Of course, that may change over the next three months, but I was afraid I'd be very sad to graduate.

Quote:Aw Deb! *Blush* Thank you for the kind words! You have given me countless wonderful advice over the years that have helped carry me far! I only wished we lived closer so I could actually meet you in person!

Most of my friends went home this weekend, so I'm deciding between going to a wildlife refuge, a zoo, a hiking beach, or a historical village. I've got my camera charging and I'm hoping the weather holds out!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    CD, You've got what it takes to make it in this crazy world. Stay who you are.. [​IMG]

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:Aw thanks Red! I love you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by