I had a freaky moment in the grocery store today...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, May 4, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I went grocery shopping with my kids today and my 10 year old picked up a small cornish hen, the kind you can get frozen in the store all wrapped in the little plastic, and I froze dead in my tracks and the first thought that came into my head was that the dead bird in that package was exactly the same size as my 4 week old wyandotte chicks! I was mortified. And my lovely 9 year old daughter, knowing how much it bothered me, decided to follow me around with the cornish in her hand, tormenting me until I made her put it back. She thought it was hilarious. My 10 year old on the other hand was bothered by the thought almost as much as I was. I don't know that we'll be eating cornish hens anytime soon... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Baby_Chick

Baby_Chick Out Of The Brooder

That is just wrong that your daughter was trying to tourment you like that... Remember not to take her by that area when you are grocery shopping with her next time...

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    It could have been worse. Other cuter animals are sold in the grocery store...and some not cute animal parts as well. My sister used to torment me with cow stomach.

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Oh wait, maybe I was the one tormenting her....

Folks ate picked pigs' feet where we grew up.

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    hahaha terrible!!!!!!!!!!! i bought one today... ekkkk... i cant eat my own. i do have 2 cornish hens. ugly face, pretty body

7. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    My ex used to eat pickled pork hocks & chase me around the house, trying to kiss me. Yech!!!

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'd likely chase her around with brussel sprouts AND bring them home and cook them up for dinner for just her. But I'm mean like that...
    [​IMG]

9. FrenchHen

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    My stepdad eats those just to spite us! Last time he was here, i made him Brussels sprouts on a stick.

10. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    I chase my girlfriend around with cow tongue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by