I had a loud visitor this morning...

Skye'sDucks

Crowing
5 Years
May 13, 2018
The 'too much sunshine' sunshine state
I woke up about 6:30 this morning since I'm starting community college and today was a 9:30 class and I didn't want to be rushed in the morning. When I wake up, I hear loud quacking out in our backyard, and when I looked out the window I saw a wild mallard in our yard.

I went out there, watching it, but the mallard didn't appear injured. I opened up the gate and herded her out (why was a wild duck so much easier to herd than my tame muscovies? :barnie) and she flew off the instant she was out of our yard. I think the poor little duck got confused by our wooden fence and thought she couldn't leave! :gig (There are a lot of wild ducks near us and currently there is a flock of 8 mallards that have been living by the creek out back in the open area behind our house. I think this mallard was a part of them)

Does anyone have any funny wild duck stories? :p

We have frequent fly-overs from Mallards and some other ducks i can't identify, assume Wood ducks.
When our ducks hear the Mallards flying overhead, everybody stops what they're just doing immediately and look up to the sky, silent and deeply impressed.

Back
Top Bottom