I had an okay baseball game today

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by M To The Maxx, Oct 24, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Today we played FSU. There record is 10-0-1. Our record is 5-4-1. Today I went 3-4 with a walk, stolen base, 2 RBI, and a run. I played 3rd base today. I did okay. I missed a couple grounders [​IMG] but my coach told me that I was doing great to encourage me. [​IMG] The worst part of it all is that we lost 13-12. We were winning 11-12 and a guy was trying to steal 3rd base. Andrew (one of our catchers) threw a terrible throw to me and I could not even get close to catching it and it went over my head. The left fielder came and tried to back up the play and he did not get his glove down in time so the run scored and another guy that was at first scored. [​IMG] We lost the game and we are now 5-5-1 and FSU is now 11-0-1. But we will beat them in the playoffs. We lost but I thought I had an okay baseball game today. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sorry about the loss, but that was a close game against a 10-0-1 team! And 3-4 is not bad at all!!

[​IMG]

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Thanks

4. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Dude, you went 3-4 against a quality team. You aren't the reason they lost. Hold your head high. You did well.

5. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Thanks!!!

6. Night Watcher

Night Watcher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2009
    Phoenix,AR
    [​IMG]

7. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Must have been a REALLY bad throw if the right fielder had to back up third!! [​IMG] Well done at the plate, Maxx.

Both my girls have out-grown fastpitch softball. Oldest one pitched and younger one played third. I miss the busy summers keeping up with them. Our "pitching lane" in the back yard is now under the chicken coop.

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I think you did great! [​IMG]

9. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:My bad, I meant to put left fielder.

10. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Just ribbing you Maxx! [​IMG]

You have to concentrate on the things you did well and let the other things go. My dad was always bad about that. He'd be like those 2 home runs you hit were great, but you bobbled that one grounder. Seemed like I could never do quite well enough to please him. And of course he would miss the error free games. I tried very hard not to do that to my girls.

You must do the same. Take all the positives with you from each game, and work hard in practice to improve the rest. The better your outlook, the better your game. Sounds to me like you're doing better all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by