I Had To Get My Husband.......

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Baymule, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I told him you gotta see this. Cleaning up after our 3 year grand daughter left, I found some raisins she didn't eat, so I took them to our 2 hens Lola and Stella. I offered the raisins to them and my sweet hens turned into piranhas. They made excited chuckling noises and tore those raisins UP! I had to go get my husband to let him see the personality disorder himself. Another handful of raisins and tons of laughter for us. DH just shakes his head at me.

2. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    adorable! My girls won't touch raisins but there are some foods that make for a riot in the pen.

3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

mine attack tomatoes and watermelon omg watch all fingers and toes when you feed mine tomatoes and melon

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    LOL. Mine go nuts over boiled white rice. One of my Red Stars even flew up into the pan I was holding and knocked it out of my hand spilling the rice all over the ground, a free for all ensued.

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:[​IMG] Same ! Its like watching football sometimes.

6. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    Try feeding them spagehtti its so funny

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Yeah, I got plenty of laughs from that too! LOL

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    They go nuts over mac n' cheese and I gave them so much watermelon they had some serious squirts![​IMG]

9. mikki717

mikki717 My Drug of Choice- Chickens

Dec 7, 2009
    Hesperia, CA
    Spaghetti is fun... but get some crickets and drop them in the coop. Have the video camera ready![​IMG]

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Quote:Agreed on the crickets...it is so funny. I picked up the waterer other day and 6 crickets were underneath...lol..the chickens started running around chasing them.
    with the watermelon rinds..I was taking some to the chickens and I have 2 roosters that free range and the rest of my 90 chickens(it's all this forums fault..I kept incubating and letting my hens hatch and then incubating some more)..lol...and they came at me..before I could even get to the hen house... I thought I was under attack. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by