I had to move her on Day 18

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
I feel so bad. I had my little banty hen in a nursery pen since I placed the eggs under her. I had seperated her from the other hens when she went broody because she was the lowest ranked in the flock and was already the one most picked on. So I fixed up a 8'x8' dog run with chicken wire and a tarp along with her tub..

Well about a week ago I caught my dog trying to dig into the run to get to her, but I fixed that issue. Then this morning I went out and a feral cat was INSIDE the run with her. Luckly the cat must have just got in b/c momma hen and eggs were ok..That was it I no longer felt safe leaving her and the potential babies inside the run. And I do not have the $$$ to enclose and 8'x8' run with hardware cloth.

So back into the coop she went, but this time I enclosed her so the other hens can't get to her. Though this makes collect eggs and space TIGHT in the coop..lol

She was tick off during the move, but hasn't once gotten off her eggs.. I feel so bad having to move her so late in the game.. UGH thanks for letting me vent!

Here is her "new" nursery...
roll.png

IMG_0205-1.jpg

The challenges of broodies is as nerve-wracking as I thought it might be. I'm waiting for my BO to finish the job and get back to the safety of the coop at night.

Day 18--hmmm .. . . .19, 20 21 !! Fluff balls not far off! Hopefully no mishaps with predators now that you have moved her. GOOD LUCK !!!!
fl.gif

No kidding - this hen and her eggs keep me on my toes.. I know its my fault, but its so easy to want to "help" as much as I can, when I should just walk away..lol I just want these dang babies to get here and maybe I will relax... (yea right
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom