1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I had two eggs hatch on 25th day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jimagination, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    I was going to give up and throw everything out today, but I fell asleep and after I woke up, my son heard chirping from the incubator. The strange thing is the one that was completely out and fluffy camefrom a green egg(one of my EE's), my rooster is an EE, but the chick has pink legs????Can anyoneexplain that? Is it from generational mix breeding?

2. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    CONGRATS! [​IMG]
    That is SO cool, I was praying for a similar miracle but it didn't work out [​IMG]

3. Kelly FG

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    Sorry triple post

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. Kelly FG

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    sorry triple post [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  5. muffi

muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    That's great! Congratulations! I have a few EE chicks that I got from my local feed store. They were a couple days old by the time I received them, and they had pink legs. After a few more days, they grayed up.

6. Jimagination

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    Well,that explains it. I am soooo excited. I am so impatient. I hope the second one fluffs up soon. The first one is lonely.

7. Jimagination

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    This morning we woke up to another chick in the bator. It's nt fuffy yet, but is dark with dark feet. I amassuming it came from my Australorpe with my EE roo. Guess he was ing his jb after all!!

8. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    That is exciting. Mine are on day 24 today and I have several un-hatched. I had 19 out of 30 hatch.I had planned to turn the bater off tonight. Maybe I should wait a day or two more.

9. Jimagination

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    Another one is pipping! I am so temptedto help himout. Oh my impatience!!!!!! It is one of my biggest faults!

10. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    That settles it,I'm waiting a couple of days. I still have a chick in the bater because it was kind of wobbly. I'll take it out this evening,but leave the bater on. I saw movement in all of these eggs on day 18.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by