I HATCHED A CRACKED EGG

Shanay235

Songster
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
WV
OMG!! One of my Sebastopol goose eggs that had a huge crack in it which I repaired with acrylic, the type used for false fingernails, has made it to hatch day.
big_smile.png
She, at least I hope it's a she, pipped in the wrong end last night and is starting to zip already.

Congrats!!

An egg that I had cracked and used wax on it to fix it, hatched last night. A beautiful Gold lace cochin chick. I almost tossed the egg and thought I would try to incubate it.

I love this site!!

Laurie

Congratulations to the both of you for your quick thinking! Those babies should have some sort of imaginative names to show how they made it through "different" circumstances! Don't forget to post some pics
big_smile.png

You have wonderful luck! What brand of incubator do you use?
i
I have an egg in the bator now with a tiny crack I put tape over-we'll see if I'm as lucky as you!

i had 2 crack babies..at 2 dif. times. I used elmers glue jus basically to keep bacteria out..unfortunately lost both around day 10..hats off to you!

Thank you for posting this. I havent hatched eggs yet and wouldnt of thought it possible for a cracked one to hatch. Now I know,so when I do get a bator and start hatching.
edited due to I get to excited about posting and forget to prof read.
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom