I hatched this hen and forgot her breed! Help please : /

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MotherKocher, Aug 29, 2016.

1. MotherKocher

MotherKocher Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2016
    Arizona
    Hi everyone! This is OG and I'm hoping someone can help me identify her breed. I got fertile eggs from someone and she was the only one who made it all the way to hatching (I think the incubator got too humid a couple times). I was so happy when she started laying, but I forgot what breed she was! She lays a light colored egg that is medium/large in size and from what I can recall I believe the guy who sold me the eggs said she was a French or Russian hen or something? I could be wrong. She hatched July 4th 2015.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    its a white leghorn.

3. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    It's not a White Leghorn because it has greyish legs. Leghorns have yellow legs. If you didn't buy from a hatchery or breeder, she is likely a cross breed.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    White Bresse, a French breed.

2 people like this.
  5. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Her comb is to big and dark. Unless she got frostbite

6. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    To big and dark I don't agree. Her comb is on the larger and darker side this I do agree with. Breed traits vary some with in the different bloodlines. Especially with relatively new imported breeds. I've seen many pictures and a few Bresse birds in person with this size and color combs. Its also possible that she had some Leghorn blood thrown into her background some generations back. To either diversify or stabilize the bloodline. Her larger and darker comb could also be a genetic fluke, and she may or may not pass it on.

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x2 Gray Farms

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by