I hate Alabama WEATHER!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by beginnerchick08, Feb 28, 2009.

1. beginnerchick08

beginnerchick08 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Alabama
    So last week it was in the 70's, yesterday it was raining all day, today it was in the 50s, and now they say we are supposed to get the snow tonight [​IMG]!!!! and guess what my chickens are suppose to come TOMORROW! [​IMG] i want to do this [​IMG] but with my chickens coming im doing this [​IMG] [​IMG] here i was thinking to myself all these people talking about cold weather and chickens dieing and i have flowers blooming and hot weather thats what i get.

2. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    yalls nasty weather is heading our way

3. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    It's snowing here, I'm sure it will hit you soon. If it hasn't already.

4. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that snow is coming my way too. I hope this doesn't effect my chickens laying.

Oh please don't snow. [​IMG]

5. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    We had a short summer last week also

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I would rather have your weather than northern Ohio's constant lake effect crap. I mean snow [​IMG] We just can't seem to break out of the cold and snow. My chickens hated also. They haven't got to be outside hardly at all. I lost two hens this winter for no apparent reason. I now have heat lamps going on all the birds and YES MY ELECTRIC BILLS ARE GOING OUT THE ROOF. OK I will [​IMG] now. I can't wait for summer!!!!

7. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Luv ya, but cannot summon very much sympathy from the icy corners of Michigan... [​IMG]

You hang in there & I will HANG IN THERE!!!! [​IMG]

8. beginnerchick08

beginnerchick08 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2008
    Alabama
    Quote:I have family in Michigan and they sent pic of the snow a while back. i wouldnt be able to handle all of that snow and cold. burrr!

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Ditto , i live in NE Ohio and we got a snow dusting last night. I hate this lake effect snow.

10. mazdacrzy

mazdacrzy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2008
    Winder, Georgia
    It was almost 70 here today and the weatherman said we might get snow tomorrow [​IMG] or it is just going to be a cold rain [​IMG] I have been praying for snow all winter long because we haven't had snow on the ground for about three years now [​IMG] and I LOVE the snow!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by