I hate being sick

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sonew123, Jan 27, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] Ive been burning my candle at both ends for sure. I have a huge inspection at work that only comes around every 3 years. Tuesday is the big day! I have 12 people that work for me and we are all stressed trying to get everything just right, If that wasn't bad enough, My throat is burning and my sinuses hurt! So Im doping up on Nyquill and hope I crash hard and wake up feeling so much better. I just dont like it when my inner self feels great but my body doesnt agree!!!

2. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    [​IMG] Get better soon!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] Feel better soon!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Thanks guys..I rarely rant and try to stay positive so much but sometimes I just want to be a poop! LOl

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:What type of inspection? We have three "reviews" every three years because we are funded with Federal Transportation Administration dollars, and they are all a big pain in the rear. Our last big one, we had ZERO findings so the hard work was worth the bragging rights.

I hope you feel better soon, hun.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've had bronchitis going on three weeks now. 2.5 hours of sleep last night, 2 hours the night before. I think I'm going to try Nyquil tonight to see if it will work.

Hope you get better soon.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Have you taken any antibiotics?? Bronchitis doesn't go away on it's own - it become pnemonia if not treated. Trust me on that one!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:What type of inspection? We have three "reviews" every three years because we are funded with Federal Transportation Administration dollars, and they are all a big pain in the rear. Our last big one, we had ZERO findings so the hard work was worth the bragging rights.

I hope you feel better soon, hun.

It a AALAC insepection Association and accredidation for the laboratory animal care...I am a SR. Supervisor of the failities-3 seperate facilities-I am already on the go the minute I walk in to work. but this is huge. We are a non for profit organization based on grants..If they feel theres something wrong or we have strayed 1 little bit in SOP's we could lose our accredidations which means we could lose all the grant$ that keeps us going. SO basically 150 jobs ride on this site visit...We have never been in default before or lost our accredidation but it is alot of piddly things that are out of my hands like maintenance work-etc..Its my job to make sure all my staff and surrounding staff are in accordance...when you are dealing with alot of scientific staff and their language barriers---oh Lord can it get nuts!! Well the Nyquill didnt do much and Im still hurting but what Ill do is throw a mask on wand go to work. Ill grab my own "to do list" that is for my staff and work my way down it that way im not near people all day...bleah [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  9. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Feel better Natalie![​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thanks:) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by