I hate chickens!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Muggsmagee, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    No, I personally don't hate chickens...quite the opposite. [​IMG] But I'm finding when people ask me about our chickens, they mention how much they HATE them and would NEVER have their own! This usually accompanied with a back story as to being attacked by a mean old rooster when they were young, or their brother, cousin, mother, etc., etc., along with showing me the physical scar they have today. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I would love to go on a "chicken crusade" and convert this chicken hating mentality! [​IMG] I wonder if I would be wasting my breath mentioning all the beautiful docile breeds out there that ARE NOT mean like grandpa's rooster?!? [​IMG]

It seems so many people are missing out on the joy and calm having chickens can bring. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
  3. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Wow! All I can say...PROVE IT! [​IMG] How can someone report that with a straight face? [​IMG]

4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Wow, thats pathetic! Do people actually believe that nonsnse?? [​IMG]

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I tried to comment on it but it said my 2 letter comment was to short.......

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    LOL! [​IMG] [​IMG]

That SINGLE COMBED chicken laid BLUE eggs. [​IMG]

Some people don't know what "broody" means. [​IMG]

7. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Illia...I think you hit it right on the head! [​IMG]

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG]

The photo I "think" is a stock photo...the hen has been pictured as a RIR, a Production Red, that OEG (maybe that's what that is?).

Muggs, sometimes people just don't have the guts to deal with chickens. Their parents never armed them with a baseball bat when they went to collect eggs...

9. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Didn't you know????The chicken is the NEW chiwawa! [​IMG] All the rich people are getting chickens too! Some even keep them in their houses! True story!!! Tori Spelling, and other famous people. Paris Hilton even has pigs and stuff!

10. lovemelovemybirds

lovemelovemybirds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    Grand Junction
    I get it too...followed by.."got any eggs?" We have had some of grampas roosters at the place too...and not very friendly geese....different personalities on them all!! Still love my birdie birds!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by