I Hate Christmas Vacation!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    My 6 year old with ADHD (Among other thing) is currently on the couch kicking and screaming, this is the 3rd, I think, fit today for various reasons. So far today he has , in no order, 1. unplugged the freezer which I just discovered while I was on my way to the basement because my kitchen hot water pipe sprung a leak [​IMG] like I needed something else. While I was trying to get my cell phone straightened out on the other phone this afternoon, because they lost my number ive had for 10 years [​IMG] he 2. climbed on the table and pulled down my whole big box of craft paints. I was so exasperated by supper I just warmed up chilli I made 2 nights ago, he threw a fit because he wanted my bread as well as his and flicked the spoon so chilli went all over the curtains, my clothes, the couch. [​IMG] I am so considering renting a car and driving the 2 1/2 hours to my moms tomorrow just for a little break. He has just been generally miserable all day, and its 6 days till school [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I'm sorry!

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    dont get me wrong he can be the sweetest thing and just this quick, he's now standing next to me as nice as pie changing his clothes. [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:I have two little boogers... well one isn't so little anymore, and I work from home, so its a very trying time for all involved when its FREEZING cold outside [​IMG] At least when its summer I can BOOT them out the house to go harrass the critters. [​IMG]

5. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    There is nothing like going to "Mom's" for a break...Mom's are the best![​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I was sitting here saying almost the same thing but for different reasons. Being a teacher everyone expects me to be jumping for joy to get away from the kids for a couple of weeks. That's just not true. I miss those little people, but I'm also lucky enough to live in the same area and I get visits all the time. I'm sure your little guy is probably bored stiff, does he have local friends he can visit? Do you have fingerpaints or something you could give them to make you something? I've found busy kids don't have time to get into too much trouble,, lol too much....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by