I hate my bank!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, May 16, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    I HATE my bank [​IMG] last night (sunday evening around 7) i put 80.00 in the accoont to day webplus X5 comes out and i go 'Ohhh shiny me want me want [​IMG]" so i go to buy a pre paid visa "Declined" tryed again "Declined".... checked my bank account it had not gone in [​IMG] it was cash it should be in there!! I hate this bank hate hate hate!! It should not take 2 days for CASH to go in to my account this is annoying [​IMG] Last time i put money in it was Chuqe (Sp?) and that took 2 days... i could see it taking 2 days... But Cash!!! I am thinking about canceling my bank account and investing in one of them metal lock box's...

ETA... My online banking shows it as in my account.....

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Bank Of America and Chase say if you deposit before 8pm that day that it will be in there that day.....and if cash it is immediately available.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

In my bank it's end of the next business day before things are credited to my account if they're deposited after 4 pm. I'd think that since it was a sunday that had a lot to do with it.

4. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:I have Credit Union Canada wide as far as i know. We currently don't even have email money transfers yet....

5. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Thing is... the money i put in the ATM has allways been (most times even chques) have been in there the next business day (within 3 hours... of beging)

6. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:This would be my guess too. I found out that if I take it out on late friday that counts as part of the weekend and if it's a monday holiday then the week starts on tues. Now if my pay comes through on a Mon. holiday or a Sat or Sun (the first) I have to wait til the Mon after before it gets deposited. Being retired mean planning ahead.

Gotta learn the rules I guess.

Rancher

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I just hate banks.
    Do I need a real reason?
    Well, Okay, I blame them for EVERYTHING!
    I mean it. snarl, gripe, snarl.

they loan money they don't really have, and collect interest on that pretend money that requires blood transfusion afterwards... and then the entire world is in a recession... and they are going under because all of the unemployed can not pay the real interest on the pretend money...so we bail them out [​IMG]
    Yea. they stink. .. [​IMG]
    eep -urp-ack. [​IMG]

8. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    As a former branch manager.....

I do not use the ATM to make deposits. Read the fine print on the hold notices (for USA) it is usually credited the next business day after your deposit. Saturday is not a business day and they usually have a cut off time for Friday afternoon. So if you deposit your $100 bill Friday at 8pm, you should have it credited and available for withdrawal on Tuesday.

You are better off going in to the branch on Saturday with that $100 bill, cause you can withdraw your money on Monday (next business day)

Since the banking laws were changed, you no longer get access to the first $100 of any deposit the same day. You do get same day availability on cash, checks drawn on the government, checks from the same bank and direct deposits.

Ugh!

I am changing banks right now, not thrilled with Chase upping the free account fee to $10 and moving to the worst parking lot they could find in the area (rather than keep their own building)

9. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Funny how it takes 2 days for your deposit to be available to you, but write a check on your account and see how long it takes the banks to take it out of your account. In this day and age of electronic transfers and communication,there is no reason, other than bank greed, that they cant credit your accounts in real time.

10. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    OK, stupid question. If you had CASH, then why didn't you just keep in your hot little hand instead of giving it to the bank? Last time I checked, cash spent pretty darn good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by