I hate raccoons Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Boyd, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    just wanted to tell you. They got into the garbage again. I think I am going to have to build a bigger trap, put my trash cans in it, and then pop them as I catch them.............

Seriously, anybody ever see a trap that resets itself to catch multiples? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... 4 dozen dead coons this year and still digging holes [​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well...I don't hate raccoons. But the vision of a huge animal trap baited w/garbage cans was pretty danged funny...heeheehee [​IMG]

3. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    we have been dealing with skunks!

One year we had tons of coons, opposums, and skunks that we trapped and killed. We have never had that big of a problem since. Hopefully next year will be better!

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    We have a fox - I saw it! It took my full grown Jersey Giant roo today at around noon. It's war!!!! Four traps set. It's probably not hungry tonight, but I WILL trap it.

5. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    I'm pretty sure it was on this forum that I saw a trap for catching multiple critters. It was a you-tube video if I remember correctly. A large-ish box with a spring door on the top that dropped down and then reset. The design seemed so simple and logical and that's what caught my eye. He was catching his farm cats as an example....

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    i'll have to check that out!

7. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Boyd, I feel for you. The # of raccoons you have had to trap is crazy.

Is the cam you use to record the action easy to use? I am not very techy.

It is you isn't it that uses the cam?

8. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    I live in an established residential neighborhood. I set out traps for the raccoons that were destroying my flower beds. Over a 6 month period I trapped 67 ! Then I gave up. I don't have time to keep setting the trap and then "relocating" them.

9. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    You trapped 67????????? I know I have at least one, but it won't go in the trap!
    Do I need to "disguise it?"

10. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Heh heh, Boyd said I shouldn`t post my remedy on an open forum, but if ya PM me, I might be persuaded to share.......Pop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by