I hate some E BAY sellers .. UPDATE

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by IrishBoy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. IrishBoy

IrishBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    this is

the outcome ....

Dear John , We have concluded our investigation into your case. Unfortunately, at thistime we are unable to decide this claim in your favour.

i sent this

Message 1
    hey out of the twelve eggs .. two hatched , 7 clear (air sacs were not attached) , 2 blood rings and one gave up after day 5

[​IMG]

Message 2

after feeling very unsatisfied with your custoer service i have to say i am not impressed , you could have replied to me at least ...

.... this is what i recieved in repy to a message i sent about how i was not happy with the eggs recieved ...she never replied to the first one ... so i sent it again .... what do you think ?
    over half of them ... had disturbed egg sacs .. and were packed loosley in the box .. the eggs were too small for the holes in the cartton ... [​IMG]

In reply to all of your correspondence, it does state on my advert that i DO NOT GUARANTEE fertility! I believe that my product was received by you in tip top condition etc. i believe that you successfully hatched two birds. I believe that you did not pay an excessive amount for these eggs. I do not have surplus Vorwerk eggs to send as a replacement but i do state again not guaranteeing fertility. If you have been left with potentially two hens they could be worth over £12/bird. Please now leave me alone before i have to take further action. Diane

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Buyer beware, dude.

Most sellers do gaurantee a good fertility rate...but not hatch rate. Perhaps you should ask for a partial refund, or come to some other agreement.

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

ish that stinks, sorry for your situation!

4. cartychic

cartychic Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2009
    Ireland
    why where you not happy with the eggs, what happened

5. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    yeah ... well .... i think i will just curse this ebay seller in my sleep .... [​IMG]

6. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    You can never guarantee hatchability on hatching eggs. Fertility isn't even the only issue; you also have the things that happen in shipping that can affect hatching quality. At least you got two birds out of it.

7. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:Do you have a voodoo doll you could jab a pin in?

8. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Buy from trusted sellers here on BYC, people that you get to know and talk to on BYC.

9. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Well, I can see both sides as a Seller and a Buyer of eggs. Usually when I am going to buy though I ask a few questions like what their rooster to hen ratio is. I dont like anything a 1/10 ration. I personally have a 1/5 or 6 ratio tops for my breeders. But on the other hand shipping is very hard on the eggs and lord knows what the PO did. I think she could have been a little more diplomatic though.

10. IrishBoy

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:over half of them ... had disturbed egg sacs .. and were packed loosley in the box .. the eggs were too small for the holes in the cartton ... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by