I hate summer!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Katy, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I am melting right now!! [​IMG] I usually give my main coop a through cleaning earlier in spring while it's still much cooler. Just had not had time to do it and so today since I took down the brooder box in there for the summer I decided to go ahead and clean even tho it's 90 degrees out. Never again will I wait that long!! It's too hot!!

OK...I'm done griping now.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    We are getting a cooling rain right now. It was so hot outside earlier. The humidity is just aweful. now with the fan on we need a little something over our legs.

I'll try to blow some cool air toward you!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hate summer, too, Katy. Can we please just have spring-fall-spring-fall-spring-fall, etc.....?

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I wish we would even GET summer. It is still raining. [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You should be growing some good lettuce and cool weather crops, terrie!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:The humidity is bad here too. Almost every night for over a week there's been strong thunderstorms and tornados and hail somewhere around us. I turned my AC on last week and it hasn't been off since!!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:That sounds good to me.....but I'll take some winter too. I like the cold weather!! [​IMG]

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Idaho is cold and dry 3/4 of the year and hot and dry the other 1/4. We are just starting to get warm right now. I think the highest temp we've had so far this year is 82.

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Me too!!! I like Fall the best actually. It was 90 degrees here too...I hate that....

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Rather have cold than hot. DH was raised in South Ga so he'd rather have hot than cold. Men! I wish him menopause, lots of menopause. Then let's see him roll his eyes at me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by