I hate the cold!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Whitehouse Quail, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    When I was outside, breaking ice to get to water, and melting ice in bottles to water the quails, I couldn't help but think....

I HATE THE COLD!

It makes so many things, so much harder! I'm jealous of you Floridians (Quail lady *cough cough*)! JEALOUS I SAY!

Just thought I'd vent. [​IMG]

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

well i don't live as far north as you do but i definitely agree! it can get down to 40 ,that's fine but once everything starts freezing ...nope , THAT's NOT my cup of tea either!

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I used to be a troll, now I'm a Texan.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Hey hey, we get frost, maybe not snow...but my poor orange trees sure looked like a scene from Batman and that ice dude zapping everything to icicles...I don't even know if I am thinking of the right movie....but it was COLD

5. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Oh you all say that cuz you guys have never experienced the southern California heat, 120 f during the summer, And I hate the heat and LOVE THE COLD!!

6. rjs55555

rjs55555 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2010
    Latrobe, PA
    It's 20 with about 7 inches of snow in PA right now... gotta say I am ready for spring

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I used to love the cold and HATED the heat with a passion. Then I lost 130 pounds and now have absolutely ZERO tolerance for the cold. And the hotter, the better. I start dressing in layers when the temps drop below 80.

8. Valley quail breeder

Valley quail breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Greensboro, NC
  9. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm in Orlando and I had ICE in my waterers the other day!!! ICE!!! This is Florida for crying out loud!! We are not suppose to have ICE! [​IMG]

10. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I am with ya Pee wee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by