I hate the sound of my own voice

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JetBlack, Jun 1, 2010.

1. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Whenever I hear my voice on a recording, I am struck by how much I hate it.

I would not have a friend who sounded like me. Which explains a lot.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Yeah and I was hung up on it when I was younger. But, you can't change your voice, and I've honestly come to not care. I've not even thought of it for years until you just said that lol.

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Yep me too... Everyone thinks Im a girl on the phone.... Even after I answer it "Hi this is Josh how may help you?"

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I hear ya!! I always hated to hear my voice. I have a deep voice for a girl. However the men in my life always seem to like it [​IMG] So since I am going to be 40 in a few months I have come to accept it, its that extra 25 pounds I can't accept [​IMG]

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I really also don't like the sound of my voice once I hear it in message form over the phone.
    But I'm thankful I have a voice, and rather not speechlesss.

6. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    There are two Ukrainian girls at work who have the most beautiful voices ever. If I hear them, when I'm working, I love to listen to them. I told one lady "Imagine a guy who LOVES the sound of his wife's voice? A guy who *really* enjoys hearing his wife talk. Not her accent, the sound of her voice."

I think that would be perfect. Although it has not worked out so well for Garrison Keillor.

7. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I used to not like my voice, I think it's mental... all us girls in my family sound alike and I don't think they sound weird, no one can tell us apart on the phone!

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I hate my voice, too. I sound like a drunk redneck who just had a sex change operation and the female hormones have not yet taken effect.

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG] Ok, now I need to clean the coffee out of the keyboard!!

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:oooh, I could have wrote this (except I won't be 40 for 3 yrs [​IMG] ). I always give my kids a hard time because I have to use my "man voice" to get them to listen [​IMG] , I try to fem up my voice but then they don't listen, go figure...
    As for the original post....I don't know many people that like their voice, whether a recording or on video.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by