I hate year end: an accountant's lament.

LarryPQ

Easter Hatch!!
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
I HATE this time of year, because the six or seven mistakes I made ALLLL year come out in a few days. It doesn't matter that I fixed $000,000 worth of other people's mistakes, or that I moved $000,000,000 worth of money around all year error-free. No, all that matters is I didn't catch some other person's mess-up because my system doesn't allow me to view it that way.

tongue.gif

OH- AND the little office monkeys on the other side of the country complained because I wouldn't do their reports for them RIGHT NOW! I am already working 10 hour days at work and then logging in from home once the kids go to sleep. I told them it would have to wait until at least this weekend, since I am boooked solid through end of Feb through mid-March. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR OFFICE WAS 4% MORE GREEN IN 2009 THAN 2008. I do not have time to go through 5,000 lines of code and pull out the items that are only copy paper. Where is that info I provided you at the beginning of 2009?

I am not even allowed to print to a printer. I have multiple screens so I can view everything in PDF. I want a pencil, darn it!!!

Poo on them!
rant.gif
They think if they complain enough, they'll get whatever they want. If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, then this cubie-dog says the shreiking harpy gets a sock stuffed in their mouth!

Ahhh...that is better. Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe I should lay off the coffee until Easter or so
smile.png

Quote:
gig.gif
That is brilliant, may have to use that one.

I don't envy accountants this time of year at all. Any client can be a pain, but these... well if they had just kept track of their OWN stuff responsibly then they wouldn't have half (prolly not even 1/10th) of the problems.... heaven forbid anyone be responsible for themselves though...
smack.gif

I do corporate accounting, and produce all our companies' financial statements, so I REALLY only have to worry about the next 4 weeks or so. I don't do private accounting anymore--so Pandora, you gots my respect, yo.

Sorry, had a gangsta moment there.

LOL... don't worry, I'm getting someone else to deal with my tax mess... I won't be bugging you so one less jerk
smile.png

hugs.gif
Just mute them next time they call!
thumbsup.gif

January-April is pretty hectic, but I like the money and like my bonus even better.
lol.png
But, some of the customers are definitely a pain, that's for sure.

Hope is goes smooth for you.

Quote:
I am jealous, no bonuses for the corporate accountant.

One company I worked at, let's call them ....mass stupid heads... got a new COO early november. December 28th the guy fired the entire accounting office (he cleaned house with several departments). Sadly MSH did not time things well. We had 2 working days to bill company I $2,000,000 in invoices (it was 4 giant invoices) I had made a detour during my holiday vacation to the main office to pick up the documentation for this billing, as the division that works with them was canned early December, so I was training the replacement mgr on a day of my vacation. When fired I was given exactly 5 minutes to clear off my desk, and I wasn't asked for passwords, or if anything needed doing.

So by letting us 4 go they lost 2 mil they didn't know they had coming, if if you don't invoice company I before Jan 1st the following year, you get nothing, per contract.

Why were we let go? We designed a faster/easier billing system that gave the managers more control over thier departments. New COO decided we were overpaid as the new (sucessful) program made our jobs easier.

Quote:
I am jealous, no bonuses for the corporate accountant.

Yeah, but my bonus is probably what you make in a week
gig.gif

I had a customer come in today wearing Exclamation Perfume, I had to go outside, I was so sick. I don't know what it is about that certain smell, but I just can't take it.

I am still sick from it.

Back
Top Bottom