1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I hate year end: an accountant's lament.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by LarryPQ, Jan 13, 2010.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I HATE this time of year, because the six or seven mistakes I made ALLLL year come out in a few days. It doesn't matter that I fixed $000,000 worth of other people's mistakes, or that I moved $000,000,000 worth of money around all year error-free. No, all that matters is I didn't catch some other person's mess-up because my system doesn't allow me to view it that way.

[​IMG]

OH- AND the little office monkeys on the other side of the country complained because I wouldn't do their reports for them RIGHT NOW! I am already working 10 hour days at work and then logging in from home once the kids go to sleep. I told them it would have to wait until at least this weekend, since I am boooked solid through end of Feb through mid-March. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR OFFICE WAS 4% MORE GREEN IN 2009 THAN 2008. I do not have time to go through 5,000 lines of code and pull out the items that are only copy paper. Where is that info I provided you at the beginning of 2009?

I am not even allowed to print to a printer. I have multiple screens so I can view everything in PDF. I want a pencil, darn it!!!

Poo on them! [​IMG] They think if they complain enough, they'll get whatever they want. If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, then this cubie-dog says the shreiking harpy gets a sock stuffed in their mouth!

Ahhh...that is better. Thanks for letting me vent. Maybe I should lay off the coffee until Easter or so [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] That is brilliant, may have to use that one.

I don't envy accountants this time of year at all. Any client can be a pain, but these... well if they had just kept track of their OWN stuff responsibly then they wouldn't have half (prolly not even 1/10th) of the problems.... heaven forbid anyone be responsible for themselves though... [​IMG]

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    ditto, I agree....
    I am beginning to hate Jan-April!

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    [​IMG]

It's like seeing Christmas time being fun for other workers!!

Seriously though...thank you for what you're doing!!!

5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I do corporate accounting, and produce all our companies' financial statements, so I REALLY only have to worry about the next 4 weeks or so. I don't do private accounting anymore--so Pandora, you gots my respect, yo.

Sorry, had a gangsta moment there.

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    LOL... don't worry, I'm getting someone else to deal with my tax mess... I won't be bugging you so one less jerk [​IMG]

[​IMG] Just mute them next time they call! [​IMG]

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    January-April is pretty hectic, but I like the money and like my bonus even better. [​IMG] But, some of the customers are definitely a pain, that's for sure.

Hope is goes smooth for you.

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:I am jealous, no bonuses for the corporate accountant.

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    One company I worked at, let's call them ....mass stupid heads... got a new COO early november. December 28th the guy fired the entire accounting office (he cleaned house with several departments). Sadly MSH did not time things well. We had 2 working days to bill company I $2,000,000 in invoices (it was 4 giant invoices) I had made a detour during my holiday vacation to the main office to pick up the documentation for this billing, as the division that works with them was canned early December, so I was training the replacement mgr on a day of my vacation. When fired I was given exactly 5 minutes to clear off my desk, and I wasn't asked for passwords, or if anything needed doing.

So by letting us 4 go they lost 2 mil they didn't know they had coming, if if you don't invoice company I before Jan 1st the following year, you get nothing, per contract.

Why were we let go? We designed a faster/easier billing system that gave the managers more control over thier departments. New COO decided we were overpaid as the new (sucessful) program made our jobs easier.

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:I am jealous, no bonuses for the corporate accountant.

Yeah, but my bonus is probably what you make in a week [​IMG]

I had a customer come in today wearing Exclamation Perfume, I had to go outside, I was so sick. I don't know what it is about that certain smell, but I just can't take it.

I am still sick from it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by