I have 2 bantams that I need identified

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dave27889, May 19, 2010.

1. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Do you have any I dea what these two bantams are. I got the eggs from someone at backyard chickens and the writing on the eggs were smuged and they never got back to me. The first one is a white bird and the other is a slate blue bird. There is also a 3rd one that has feathers down his legs and he is brown. All three are nice and I like them. I have no intention of useing them to breed with. I just like knowing what I have. I am trying to get all of them on this post. I may have to take some other pictures as the battries were dying. Tyhaks a lot. I think the writting said OEG but not sure.[​IMG][​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/1827_daves_chickens_3_003.jpg[/img][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The feather leg one is Millie Fleur I have 8 and love them just got at TSC this spring.The other 2 especially the blue is OEGB.I have 6 white (2 with some gold on back's)2 Blue OE Hen's 3 black roo's and one blue roo also.If you were close I'd trade ya a Nice looking black roo for that blue hen [​IMG].Nice looking bird's congrat's.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That 'blue' hen actually looks like a blue birchen, I see no 'blue' hens in any of the pics. The little roo in the first pic looks like a splash, which is the pure form of blue. 2nd pic, (I assume you mean the little hen in the front?) is a blue birchen, then the feather-footed one is a mille fluer d'uccles rooster.

I can't be 100% sure on the breed of the little hen, if she has a straight comb and red earlobes she is an OEGB. (Old English Game Bantam)

ETA pics of a blue:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Thanks so much for the id and so quick. The blue one is a hen you think. That is the only one I was not sure about. I wish you were closer and I would most likely give them to you. The Millie is my favorite we just call him feather foot. The white one we call road runner because he runs all over the place. The blue one is just plain pretty to me. I am glad the she is a hen. i do have a question. Should I let them breed? Which rooster of the 2 would be the best to breed her to. I would think it would be the white OEGB correct? Thanks again.

5. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    I will get up better pictures tomorrow. I need to get batteries. The first picture with the white bird is the same bird as the white bird in the front in the second picture. In the 2nd picture the blue ish gray bird in the back on the left is the same bird as the same blueish gray bird in tne 4th picture. The Millie is in the 3rd and 4th picture. The larger white birds are 3 month old Delawares along with some of my BCM. In the second picture is a RIR on the left side. In the 4th picture laying down in the middle is an americana I am told. It is a rooster I am pretty sure. I will have a better picture tomorrow. In the 5th picture in the front is the same blueish gray bird. I am partly color blind so my blues and grays are kinda the sameish. thanks

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:The dark splotches on him make him a splash, a white would be completely white with no dark splotches. The blueish one is a hen, and is not a blue. The pics I posted are of blues, first is a young roo, second is a hen. They have the lacing on their feathers, and ALL feathers are like that, no spikey silver-colored feathers. Pretty much any grey birds would be considered blue, or lavender, which is self blue. If it has lacing, like yours does, then it is blue, but the feathers on her neck make her a birchen, not just plain blue. I'll find a pic of my splashes, though they have the grey background, not white. Either is considered splash, black spots on white or grey (blue).

ETA pics of splash:
    This one is lighter, but is still black splotches on blue, but white is also considered splash.
    [​IMG]

This one is black on blue splash:
    [​IMG]

The ones like the last pic are called 'blue splash' by some, the ones like your's are called splash. Genetically they are the same, they are both called splash [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by