I have 2 pips and think I need help ASAP please!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by moorechicks, May 25, 2010.

1. moorechicks

moorechicks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    I have 10 eggs total but 2 just pip like 15 min ago. Well About 30 min ago the temp went up to 100 and it has been a steady 99 and the hum was 72 now dropped to 68...Is this ok or is something wrong? O and the temp cam e back down to 99...it has plenty of water also. Thanks and sorry I am such a newb and bugging yall

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Its just fine, relax.

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    It's all good. Relax and enjoy. Let Mother Nature do her thang. Don't forget to breathe!

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. moorechicks

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    Thanks for letting me know its ok.. another has piped and I cant stand this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I know what you mean. I'm a wreck starting on day 18. It's like standing at the maternity door waiting for news.

6. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Let it be, don't open the incubator, do nothing, sit on your hands until they've all hatched. The temp and humidity may change, but it has probably done that during the whole incubation period. The humidity will skyrocket now that some of the eggs are opening-- more moisture being put into the air. Go take a walk, read a book, let it all just happen [​IMG]

Good luck, have fun, and dont' touch!! [​IMG]

Quote:

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Ha ha! I run my entire incubation at 100 degrees. No worries--they can stand a bit of variation, especially during the hatch. Anything below about 103 won't hurt them for short periods, and even that they can survive briefly. Enjoy your hatch!

8. moorechicks

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    O, I really just dont know what to do.. I am about to go crazy!!! [​IMG] I have tried doing different things but I cant think straight. All I can think about is that I am gonna miss it [​IMG] . I have waited for so long to be able to do this and want not only myself but my kiddos to see it also. They havnt even started zipping yet [​IMG] I know it can take days but I they just need to hurry [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Trog

Trog Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Bloomer
    Hey I hear ya! I'm waiting too![​IMG]: I'm on day 23. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  10. moorechicks

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    Ok we got more pips last night and this morning the first one that pip started zipping [​IMG]. Well since I had to come to work this morning I had a lil heart to heart with my babies [​IMG] I informed them that mom was going to work then to the grocery store really fast after wards and they better NOT hatch till mom got back [​IMG] [​IMG] O, and he was a peeping at me this morning while I was talking to him [​IMG] I love these lil guys..I don't like being here at work cause I don't wanna miss anything but it will be good because I want be driving myself crazy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by