I have *3* pips Day 19-

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, May 27, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Isn't that nice of these Australorp eggs (Floridachick)? I am leaving at 4:30 a.m. for the airport. I have instructed my husband repeatedly on how to check the temperature (as in every time he goes into the room). I figure the humidity would be too much for him (he only listens to the first and last word of everything I say anyhow)...I looked in the incubator and saw a crack in one of the dirtier eggs. These eggs have been too dark for me to candle-and fearing another burst egg (and this time while I am gone) I risked it all to pull it out for a sniff test.

When i opened the incubator, I saw one of the other eggs had a large hole in it, beak working heartily. I quickly replaced egg in hand and then added warm water (soaked sponge) to incubator.

I instructed my husband that it doesn't get opened again- while I was adding the sponge. I think he mocked me, saying "HURRY HURRY"- I was a little frazzled because I had opened it. I also have a humidifier running.

Good luck everyone else with your hatches this week- and send good wishes to my poor abandoned eggs..(oh, also, if you could, hope for minimal traffic from Atlanta to Chattanooga tomorrow morning: I have to hurry to make it from the airport to the funeral on time).

*edited to add: another pip!

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck eggies! Hope Mom comes home to lots of little peeps. [​IMG]

Jody

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aww poor eggies! I hope they do ok. Mine have done nothing yet and I'm on day 19! I think losing the electricity did them in maybe [​IMG] I sure hope not!

4. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Best of luck with your hatch!! Your' husband sounds like mine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by