I have 5 golden laced polish, are they all roos?

Denece&Lacey

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Alvord, Tx
7486_chickens_june_23_08_058_2.jpg

7486_chickens_june_23_08_059_2.jpg

7486_chickens_june_23_08_060_2.jpg

Can't help you figure out if they are roos or not but I can tell you that I WANT ONE OF THOSE! lol THey are SOOO cute. I have silver laced in the bator right now but I want a golden one now. OH THE CUTENESS IS WAY TO MUCH TO HANDLE! LOL

Here is a pic of one of my WC Black Polish at 4 weeks. I had one that was definitely a boy, feathers on the top of his head were wild and spikey, compared to the round dome look of the girls head feathers.

WCBlackPolish9MyFavorite-Lady.jpg

And here are pics of my White Polish...

First pic is the girl, second is the boy.
WhitePolish-Angel.jpg

WhitePolish-Nilla.jpg

This is how my girl looks now. Sorry but I gave the boy one away.

Pic_12Jun242008.jpg

It was easy to tell the difference with mine at about 3-4 weeks. My boy was pretending to crow with no sound coming out. The top of his beak was a bigger bump and he was larger than the female.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the one on the left in the first pic looks like a girl to me...but definitely dont take my word for it. I am way too new at this!

All the rest seem to have darker wider/bigger beaks and wilder 'hair'.

They all seem to have wild mohawk hair!! Maybe that 1 is a hen. I wish more of them were hens. I cant keep all those roosters!! Does anybody need a polish rooster, I have a few!!!!

Denece&Lacey :

We have 1 silver laced he is adorable. My daughter named him Elvis!!

Elvis is EXACTLY the name that I was thinking. THose two are gorgeous! Sorry.. I have no clue as to their sex. gee.. how can you even tell??? lol nevermind, I dont want to know!​

No, the one named Elvis is a silver laced. He is the only one we have. You are supposed to be able to tell Polish by their hairdos!! Thats why I think these are all roosters except maybe 1. I just want someone with better experience to help me out on it!!!

I am new at this..... May I ask, does anyone have polish bantams in Texas? I would drive anywhere....

After three tries with ordered eggs off the internet, I just hatched two baby polish bantams from Jim Parker. Here is a link to my blog that has photos and all my info.... www.johnandlynette.blogspot.com

Back
Top Bottom