I have 9 CATS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Last winter I noticed a stray roaming around my yard with my 4 male (neutered) cats that are indoor/outdoor cats. I have 2 females that are strictly indoors. I ended up feeding the stray because that's what I do, I have a soft heart for the furries. It stuck around and after a little while it let me grab between it's legs (it wouldn't let me pick it up) and I realized it was a girl. Her name is Charlie Tuxedo. I had every intension of catching her and getting her fixed then letting her go, There's a place in Raleigh that knows me very well. I can take in a cat and get it cleaned up, fixed and it's rabies shot all for $30. I've taken about 8 cats there so far.

Well, I didn't catch her in time. About 2 months ago she had 3 babies. And where are they now...in my yard. One of them must have died because there are only 2 now. One looks exactly like Charlie, his name is Buster and the other is a beautiful lil tabby named Sassy. Now I am tring my very best to tame the babies because I want to get them fixed and find them a good home. DH is going crazy from all these cats. I just now got him to stop yelling at them so I can get them tame. He thinks if you yell they'll get scared and never come back. [​IMG]

Well here's some pictures. Wish me luck with taming these cuties.

[​IMG]

My dog doesn't even bother with them:
    [​IMG]

And this is just crazy, my daddy cat Smokey (not those babies daddy) was eating with them!!! In fact he just took a bite and then sat back and watched them eat. He LOVES wet food but he let them eat it. I think he understands that they're homeless and pitiful. Lil Sassy got smacked by Buster so I took her a little food out in the front yard were she was hiding. It's hard to get a picture of her and she'll be the hardest to tame.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    I had basically the same thing happen. The mommy had 4 kittens. The mom was very wild when she came and the kittens still are but getting better. What I done with the mom was I would walk past her and not even act like I seen her. Sit near her but ignore her. Eventually their curious nature takes over. Now I cant walk for her shes under my feet and I can pet her. The babies are doing better, Im still working on them. Maybe that will work for ya..

3. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    oh, they are adorable! I had a stray adopt me when we bought our place last year. I was going to catch her and fix her when I thought she was old enough, but I wasn't fast enough either, she started getting a fat tummy and I was waiting for her to have her babies then I'd fix her. Unfortunately she didn't make it across the street one day and my family was devestated. She was soooo sweet. But, now I have no cats.[​IMG]

4. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

My friend is a school teacher. There was a feral cat in her yard that she set out to trap so she could fix her and get her shots. She too was a tad late. She caught mama while she was big pregnant and put her in a spare bedroom in her house. Mama had 6 kittens that my friend raised inside and when old enough she took all 7 down to a vet and had them fixed and vaccinated. She turned mama loose and is looking for homes for the kittens. She tried to domesticate the mother, but being feral, the vet told her that chances were pretty low that she would accept people. She came over and played with my chicks and then told me that she didn't think she could eat one of their eggs..I'm working on her to change her mind by explaining that they weren't babies as I have NO ROOSTER!!

5. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] silly

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I caught a ferel cat that was the alpha female of the colony. I used to work at a landscapes supply company that was by a lake and the ferel cat colony lived at our biulding. The momma cat would pop out babies every time you looked at her. I finally made her my friend by feeding her and took her to get fixed. I brought her home where she lived in my office for about a month then she moved in with the 2 females I keep in the house. One morning the boys were going out and she walked outside with them. She staying in the front yard most of the day but then went to the back were the dog is. She got scared and climbed up a tree. I stayed out by the tree as late as I could trying to get her down then gave up and went to bed. The next morning she was gone and she has never come back. That was this past winter. DH says he knows she never liked being a house cat anyway. Hope your safe and happy Maggy, I love you. [​IMG]

7. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    We have a Spay /Neuter clinic in Carroll County GA that will spay a feral cat for $15.00.
    It is part of the Humane Society.
    I love the tuxedo cats they are my favorite!.....When my old three legged dog dies I will get a couple of barn cats. I have a great barn........But as long as Baily is here no cats for me. Baily was a rescue from a shelter and she hates cats, and squirrels and snakes and baby birds and CHICKENS.......I have to put her up before my chickens can forage [​IMG](

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by