1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a baby Sebie!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Denninmi, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I bought one of the last auctions of the season on Ebay. They came from N. Illinois, and were shipped and arrived, luckily, when it was quite cool the end of June.

5 eggs were shipped. At 9 days, 2 were clear, 1 blood ring, and those were discarded. Of the other two, alas, one died about the time it should have pipped internally, based upon the "eggtopsy".

The other one hatched yesterday in the wee hours of the morning. Very healthy acting, and already talkative and friendly.

So, is it at all possible to BEGIN to sex them by appearance? Probably not?

I want to think of a good name for this little one -- based on the fact that I may not know for a LONG time its gender, I probably need to think of something gender neutral.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Congratulations!

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your new baby. I dont know what sex my 4 are so we also went with non gender names. We ended up with Moon, Juno, Inka & Leap.

4. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    Congratulations on your new baby. Would love to see a pics. I've never see a baby shebbie. I bet he is so cute.
    I haven't named mine yet and they are 4 week old toulouse. I know it's a male and 2 female but for now they all 3 look alike. Buford calls them Larry, Moe, and Curly but I will choose a name later for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by