I have a baby! Update! Now 2 fuzzy buts!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 2kidsn'chickens, Apr 4, 2009.

1. 2kidsn'chickens

2kidsn'chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Greenfield, MA
    I put my 6 eggs into my hatching bator yesterday, when I got up around 4:30am this morning to deal with a crying child I decided to pop my head in to make sure none of my eggs were getting fried and to my surprise a bantam had hatched! Its all grey with 4 toes and half of them are black and half pink! I'm not real sure of the breeds since these were free from a co-worker and he has a bunch of birds just running together. Now two more have pipped, one bantam and one medium sized brown egg!
    Question: My new baby will move around and chirp and then just kinda sag her head and "sleep" for a few moments and then pick back up and do it all over again. She isnt completely dry yet. Is this normal?
    I am up loading pics now so as soon as they are on I will post one!

I now have a second hatched! She zipped and popped out in a matter of minutes!! It was so neat to watch and I got most of it on camera! She is also a bantam and all yellow! I think that the first chick may be a blue cochin bantam or some kind of mix.

Sara

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Marion

Marion Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Yep, that is what they do when they are brand new! They will fall asleep at the drop of a hat, sometimes in the funniest positions! Congratulations!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good job, congrats chicken parent!

4. 2kidsn'chickens

2kidsn'chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Greenfield, MA
    Here she is! Thanks Marion and Mahonri![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by