I have a balding ugly chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stargazingmommy, May 19, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    She's about 6 wks old. She's a runt and until this morning has been living in the brooder alone, for extra food, supplements and tlc. I know no one has picked on her, but she's got massive bald spots. and is ugly.
    I booted her out to the yard this morning where the other chick instantly latched on to "mother" her.

[​IMG]

I mean...come on...look...an ugly Tiki statue twin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    I think we should start an ugly chick thread LOL [​IMG]

Meet "Frankie," short for Frankenstein--she was SUCH an UGGGLLLLYYYY chick but grew into a beautiful pullet. Sometimes they are just ugly babies--what can you do? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    Quote:lol poor frankie...I hope Tiki(looks like an ugly Tiki God statue) grows up to be pretty to.

4. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    TIKI--LOVE the name!! [​IMG]

Super cute!

Tiki will grow into a beautiful baby so cherish this ugly phase and take LOTS of blackmail pics now so you can laugh later on!!

5. shalainebharmon

shalainebharmon New Egg

Apr 10, 2013
    I have a chick that looks just like this. This is my first time having chickens. I was a little worried about her. She looks like the and always itches. Is it normal for them to itch. She itches more than the others. What kind of chicken it Franky? I think mine is the same type, and I don't know what type that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by