I have a Big Ole Softy of a Hubby.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nccountrygirl, May 4, 2008.

1. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Today we took our BLRW cockerals back to the breeder. She had told us when we got them at 1 week old if any turned out to be boys she would take them back. So we get there and they look at them and say yup them's boys all right, so as we were taking them down to the pen My sweetheart stops and say that he dosen't want to get rid of Bo, Bo has been his favorite since he was little, so we take Bo and a 6 week BLRW pullet and another Partridge Rock pullet back home with us. Ain't he sweet

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawwwww what a sweetie you have there. My hubby is partial to one of the girls too...one of the BAs named Molly. I catch him talking to her all the time and going to pick her up when she flies to the top of the brooder...he says he is just putting her back but I catch him petting her and talking to her. [​IMG]

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I caught my hubby kissing one of the barred rock pullets saying "You're a daddy's girl aren't you" in baby talk. He gives me a hard time about the chickens but he really loves them.

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

I think there are a lot of lucky ladies on this group:) I was going to say we need more of those good men around but realized there must be most of 'em right here in this group![​IMG]

5. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I will agree there. Aren't we some blessed women to have such good men.

6. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is sooooo true.

Last week, one of my week-old polish just started to fade. After a several days of this (last night), it was laying on it's side, barely paddling, not making any noise, dying.

I placed it in a shoebox, off to the side of the brroder, to take outside this am. But, at 3 am this morning, I woke up to find my big cowboy husband by the side of the bed, holding this alert, but weak, chirping little chick. He was teary eyed.

The little guy had somehow come out of it, gotten out of his box, and had found his way under the stairway. Bill heard the chirping, and without waking me, went to check on things. He found the chick, who had made it through 3 rooms to this dark dungeon.

Bill beat me downstairs this am, to check on the little guy.

Softy? I'd say so!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    thats because us old rough gruff men cant let yall see us go soft much.

8. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Sorry too late.

9. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    And our husbands put up with being ignored while we post on here all day and night! I am so lucky.

10. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Me to, I am truely blessed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by