I have a blue Turken!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mudderhen, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I have a mixed flock which includes two black turken hens, a silver laced polish roo and a blue Jersey roo, among others. I threw a batch of eggs in the bator just to see if they would hatch, and I got one serema, a blue turken, and two black jerseys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Amazing! Now just go ahead and throw her into that postage box (pre-paid of course) and send it to 12345 Myhouse Ln, MINE Ca, 9560mine. [​IMG]

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Neato!!! Love that birdie. [​IMG]

4. rodandbrandy

rodandbrandy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    so cute, I have a black turken and all my neighbors stop to ask if that "poor chicken" is okay! haha so funny

5. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    I love that little one!! is it a bantam if so what breed?

6. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Awww [​IMG]

You'll have to keep us posted with pics as she grows up

7. wohneli

wohneli Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Gainesville
    LUCKY!!!

8. Ooooh Sharon! They're all cute but the little Naked Neck makes my heartstrings twang. What a darling and a blue to boot!
    I hatched a couple of new Jersey Giant x Naked Neck crosses here and they are dumplings.

Good luck with your little ones!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Thanks everyone! She is my favorite. I thought my polish roo was the dad, but I am wondering if Lurch the Jersey roo isn't instead. Her mom is a black turken, but if the blue color is like what you get from the blue/black/splash orps and Jerseys, the Lurch the Jersey has to be the father. [​IMG]
    I put a bunch more eggs in the bator today to see what comes out. If I get more I will let everyone know. I had never heard of a blue turken before and Missouri chick hatched them for me while I was out of town and told me what I had. [​IMG]

roosters97. No she isn't a bantam. She is standard size, and if Lurch is her father, then she may be a GIANT blue turken! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I love Turkens. We have one black hen and are thinking of ordering one in spring. I'm also getting a Silver Laced Polish hen. [​IMG] Wierd. Maybe it's a sign?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by