I have a blue Turken!!!!

mudderhen

Songster
11 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Clarkesville, GA
I have a mixed flock which includes two black turken hens, a silver laced polish roo and a blue Jersey roo, among others. I threw a batch of eggs in the bator just to see if they would hatch, and I got one serema, a blue turken, and two black jerseys.

9532_blue_turken.jpg

9532_blue_turken_2.jpg

Amazing! Now just go ahead and throw her into that postage box (pre-paid of course) and send it to 12345 Myhouse Ln, MINE Ca, 9560mine.
big_smile.png

so cute, I have a black turken and all my neighbors stop to ask if that "poor chicken" is okay! haha so funny

Thanks everyone! She is my favorite. I thought my polish roo was the dad, but I am wondering if Lurch the Jersey roo isn't instead. Her mom is a black turken, but if the blue color is like what you get from the blue/black/splash orps and Jerseys, the Lurch the Jersey has to be the father.
idunno.gif

I put a bunch more eggs in the bator today to see what comes out. If I get more I will let everyone know. I had never heard of a blue turken before and Missouri chick hatched them for me while I was out of town and told me what I had.
love.gif

roosters97. No she isn't a bantam. She is standard size, and if Lurch is her father, then she may be a GIANT blue turken!
th.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom