1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a broody hen! But no fertile eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Featherland, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    My Partridge Rock Pi is broody but I don't have any fertile eggs for her to set. [​IMG] Right now she is sitting on a plastic egg and a golf ball. She is a year old and my first broody! She hasn't layed an egg in 5 days. The past couple days I kept getting her out of the nesting box. But if I can locate some eggs I will try to let her hatch them. I do have an incubator for a back up. How long can I wait for fertile eggs at this point? I live in the St. Louis area, does anyone know someone that might have fertile eggs?

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i can ship fertile hatching eggs. if u r interested pm me how many eggs u r wanting and i'll let u know what i have available.
    thanks,
    silkie

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Depends on what you are looking for.?? I have BO, and EE...and RIR/Australorp.

4. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    wish I was closer-I just got too many terrrrific eggs to fit in my bator (but a friend is loaning me space [​IMG])

5. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Thank you everybody. It sounds so tempting but the way my mailperson throws packages on my porch I doubt they would make it. I really need to find some nearby.

6. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

You could always post somthing in the Buy and Sell Eggs thread.

You have time to find eggs, my first broody duck sat for 3 months, poor thing, I had to kick her off because all the eggs were duds [​IMG]

Best Of Luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by