I have a bunch of babies from atwoods.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hillfarm, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hillfarm

hillfarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    [​IMG]

What do barred rocks look like.

2. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    the two on the bottom right are the two throwing me. the yellow one with black spotting is the barred rock but the yellow one has the barred feathers coming in next to him. the black and yellow one has solid black and solid white feathers. is one a plymouth. im so confused.

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

The yellow one with black spotting is NOT a Barred Rock. The one in the top righthand corner looks like it is a Barred Rock. The other two black ones look like they're probably Australorps or Black Jersey Giants.

What kind of comb does the one with the all-yellow down have? It looks like it has silver lacing, rather than barring. The spotty one looks a bit like a panda! [​IMG]

If you can get closer pictures, maybe with a head and a side view, we can probably be of more help.

4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Cute chicks. That will be a colorful group out on green grass in few weeks.

Off topic, but what's "plan B" when they outgrow that tub next week? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    [​IMG] I know the tub is little. And my eyes are bigger than my rubbermaid. I'm thinking about digging out a bigger tub, but I also have a some chicken wire to make a temporary daytime pen for them. I have a coup and run for my grown rooster and hen, but I dont want them to beat up my new guys. Im gonna try partitioning them off in the coup or giving them a safe hut they can run into if they roo or hen go meany on them.

Im taking all suggestions.

6. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    [​IMG]

any better? I dont really know what i have at this point. Its so confusing.

7. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    the little one with all the grey and rust splotching is called a fayoumi or somthing I saw on the label at atwoods. I do have one barred rock im pretty sure from the description its the lil black one with the little spot on it head. I have a RIR and a buff orp. Maybe. Im not banking on any of this btw. [​IMG]
    The panda cow looking ones and the other black and the yellow with black and white feathers are still a mystery.

Dont even get me started on the bantams. [​IMG]

8. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I like the black and white ones. Are they bantams or standard? If standard I think Exchequer leghorn, if bantam I'd go with mottled Japanese.

9. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    [​IMG]

This is a bantam, its tiny. I think its a fayoumi? Do those come in bantie size?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  10. hillfarm

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Thanks bantams are my fav/ I think you nailed it. Their wings are coming in black and white. The chicks look exactly the same. SOOOO appreciate that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by