I have a chick cemetery in my backyard.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by aubreynoramarie, Jun 30, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    And I can't wait to move so I don't have to look at it anymore. Its like every egg/chick I lay my hands on dies. I'm cursed!!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Ha me too. I must have 20-30 chickens/chicks burried in the woods surrounding my home.

3. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    It would be job of neat to see ghost chicks running around the backyard

4. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

A section of our property runs next to a cemetery. My son decided our chickens need to be buried in a row on our side of the fence. Each one has a stone and some fake flowers. I just hope no one is insulted by our little spot for chickens!

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I don't think you'll see little chicken ghosts.....chickens go to heaven too

6. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Aw how could they be? I just feel bad because they are all baby chicks, didn't even have a chance against the curse [​IMG]

7. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Oh great, then they'll be there waiting for me with clubs and burning torches!

8. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    We do, too. I planted around it so I don't really have to see it. My mom got me an angel that holds flowers, and the flowers light up at night. We lost a lot of chicks when the post office put the chicks on a cold mail truck instead of holding for pick-up. We lost another at 7 weeks when she somehow swallowed a screw. I'm so sorry that you lost that little guy. At least you know that you gave it your all. It doesn't make the hurt go away, but how well a person cares for their animals says a lot about their character.

9. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:Thanks a ton, that really makes me feel better

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I have a friend that incinerates his chickens, then pours the ashes around the trees where they used to scratch for bugs. The ashes are good for the trees, and he is comforted in knowing that they are feeding the trees that fed them.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by