I have a chick who WANTS to be a pet!!! (CUTE PICS!)

I have one that is the same way. When I got my chicks I wanted them to be friendly so badly but I was told not to stress them by playing with them and picking them up, so I spent lots of time with them, sitting with them, talking to them, moving my hands slowly around them, giving them treats, letting them eat from my hand, etc, but I never forced them to be held. I am sorry that I didn't now, because I have learned that that is the only way to make most chickens snuggly.

Anyway, out of my 15, 14 do NOT want to be touched. But, my one girl decided all on her own to be snuggly. At about two weeks old, she just started jumping on me and settling down for a nap... letting me pet her, etc. By three weeks old, she would jump up on a ramp by the "people door" into the coop if she heard my voice. Soon, she was jumping onto laps, arms, shoulders, and heads of anyone that came to visit. So now she is my one snuggly chicken. The others like to be around people, but not ON them and not touching them. But my Lady B has a nice snuggle every single day
smile.png

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

I'm SO jealous. I would love for one of my girls (or in your case my guess is boy) to be so sweet!!

Keep us posted on this little love affair s/he has going on with you. It's absolutely adorable!
th.gif

Quote:
I know about lady B. I read your blog religiously. I'm always checking for an update... Speaking of which... ? lol
I LOVE your blog because your chickens are a couple weeks older than mine and your blog gives me a little insight. Also I like your writing style a lot.
big_smile.png

Looks awfully creamy for a BO....

Here's our hen, Violet, who likes to swing with my 8 year old. She's been handled since day one (and I still hug each of my 4 ladies every day) but she seems to really connect with my daughter. Who knew?

IMG_3322.jpg

Super cute! I had a leghorn Boy the exact same way! If you keep the routine up, you will have a Super sweet roo on your hands!
love.gif

Yours looks like it will be a boy as well. Comb and wattles already and 3 weeks you say?
wink.png

What a cute baby chick! I would agree with others before that it looks like a white leghorn. I have an Amberlink (sex link) pullet that is the same age as yours and looks almost identical. It could be a number of white laying breeds. I'm pretty sure it isn't a BO, though. Mine has more red shading on it. That comb is looking rather rooster-like, however.
hmm.png

My Audrey is like that. Always has been from the time she was a day old.
I take her with me as much as I can where ever I go. She just prefers us to her chook friends.

Back
Top Bottom