I have a chicken that is staying to herself and has diaherra on her back side :( Can I treat her nat

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by danraoul, Jan 20, 2014.

1. danraoul

danraoul New Egg

Jan 20, 2014
    I noticed one chicken staying to herself and her backside has diaherra, I added ACV to her water with some garlic and gave her some flax seeds. Anything else?

Thanks so much

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    How old is she, and how long have you had her. Have you added new chickens recently? Has she been wormed? Probiotics or a little buttermilk 2-3 times a week may help with diarrhea. Is she having diarrhea with every stool? Coccidiosis can be a problem if they is lethargy, puffing up, poor appetite, and diarrhea. Corid or amprollium would be needed for that. Natural remedies are fine, but when it comes to worms and coccidiosis, a medication may save her life.

3. danraoul

danraoul New Egg

Jan 20, 2014
    Ok lets see she is around 3 I added more chickens months and months ago, I will give her some probiotics today for sure thanks and I never worm them :( I gave her some propolis (my parents are bee keepers) as well :) thanks so much for your input

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by