I have a chicken who is having seizures. Please help!

Jan 9, 2021
I have a pet Cornish hen named Eliza who is having seizures. She will be standing there fine and then all the sudden fall to the ground and flip and flop all over the ground. When I picked her up she had no control over her head. I have seen her have two today, but she could be having more while i'm gone. What should I do?

If you cant get her to a vet, maybe try some electrolytes (avain or small amounts of Gatorade). I had a boy doing this after a surgery and was told it was shock and to give him electrolytes (unfortunately he didnt survive). Has her food changed? Maybe she got into something toxic. Its hard to pin point probblems. Wouldnt it be nice if they could just tell us whats going on. I hope your poor baby pulls through 🙏

I have a pet Cornish hen named Eliza who is having seizures. She will be standing there fine and then all the sudden fall to the ground and flip and flop all over the ground. When I picked her up she had no control over her head. I have seen her have two today, but she could be having more while i'm gone. What should I do?
Hi @MaryTheChickenLover - Were you able to get a diagnosis and treatment for Eliza?

Back
Top Bottom